* Manage the selection, training and development of all Sales associates.
* Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional service to associates.
* Coordinate the department’s activities with other departments to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
* Monitor Guest Satisfaction survey scores. Reward associates for positive results; develop and implement action plans to correct deficient areas.
* Seek guest feedback and review management reports in order to develop strategies to improve department and hotel services.
* Develop and implement strategies and practices which support associate engagement:
* Recruit and select qualified candidates.
* Provide associates with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities. Develop and implement process for providing associates with guest service, technical and safety training on an on-going basis.
* Communicate performance expectations and provide associates with continuous feedback.
* Provide associates with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their full potential.
* Conduct effective monthly associate meetings and counseling sessions.
* Introduce and recommend preferred vendors as determined with the revenue goal of the hotel. Maintain good working relations with preferred vendors of the hotel and ensure adherence to policies and all codes and regulations.
* Maintain accurate par levels and inventory of supplies and equipment within the department.
* Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
* Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
* Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as outlined Highgate SOPs.
* Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Candidates most successful in this role will display the following characteristics:
* Interpersonal Communication Skills – Easily makes connections with various kinds of people, driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others; maintains poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm; possesses a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated; skilled in successful influence and persuasion of others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to department and company goals.
* Leadership – Motivates and inspires team to achieve sales goals and results; self-confident and extroverted; effectively engages and positively impacts others; team builder and organization developer; Enlists team’s support by using a "selling" rather "telling".
* Results-oriented – Strong sense of urgency to goal achievement; responsibility for the achievement of results is shared and effectively delegated when necessary; understands and quickly reacts to adapt self and others to changing environment.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in an authoritative but tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; able to work in a hectic environment at a faster-than-average pace with ease; accepts responsibility for own actions.
* Superior Communication Skills (written & verbal, including phone & listening skills)
* Computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Internet Savvy (including Social Media)
* Sales Software Knowledge Helpful
* High Level of Professionalism
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
* High School Diploma (or equivalent), College Degree Preferred
* Minimum 4-5 Years of high level Sales Experience (preferably in hospitality at the DOS or ADOS level)
* Superior Negotiation Skills - Proven ability to close deals
* Must hold a valid drivers license and have the ability to call on potential and current clients
* Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
* Marriott/Westin experience preferred